GigAMC-Express Model 5664 4-port AdvancedMC fiber/copper interface card
Please see our Gigabit Ethernet Driver page
for more information on our drivers for this controller.
- Available in RoHS or non RoHS compliant models
- AdvancedMC card with four RJ-45 ports and a host PCI Express backplane interface
- Full PCI Express path to two dual-port Intel 82571EB PCIe MAC/PHY/Serdes using onboard IDT PCI Express switch
- Ruggedized models available with extended temperature (-40C - +85C) and MIL-SPEC conformal coating (-R1, -R2)
- PCI Express host interface provides high performance, wire speed transmissions - 8Gb aggregate
- Copper, Pluggable SFP Fiber and CWDM versions available
- Two and 4-port models
- Multifunction link/activity LED for each port
- VxWorks 5.5/6.x, Linux (2.4/2.6) and Windows (2000, XP) driver support available
- Tornado 2.2 vxWorks 5.5/Workbench vxWorks 6.x support includes PowerPC and Intel pcPentium4 / Xeon BSP(s)
Model 5664 4-port GigAMC-Express interface card
DSS Network's GigAdvancedMC Switch Model 5664 is a 4-port PICMG AMC.1 R1.0 compliant Gigabit Ethernet card with a PCI Express host backplane interface. It is designed to be used to provide add-on Gigabit Ethernet copper, fiber or CWDM copper ports for ATCA and Micro-TCA applications. It has an integrated IDT PCI Express switch providing a PCI Express path from the backplane to the two dual-port Intel 82571EB PCIe MAC/PHY/Serdes. The Model 5664 operates in a 8-lane or 4-lane backplane interface.
The Model 5664 GigAMC-Express is a single-width, full height AdvancedMC board with four Gigabit Ethernet ports for use in a wide variety of next generation and wireless networking equipment. Designed for high performance and reliability, the Model 5664 GigAMC-Express is ideal for port expansion, aggregation or fiber links for AdvancedTCA (ATCA) platforms as well as programs considering the emerging architecture of MicroTCA
Extreme performance, features and value. While all four ports are designed to operate independently, each can deliver full gigabit wire-speed performance simultaneously. The Model 5664 GigAMC-Express board is based on two Intel 82571EB dual-port Gigabit Ethernet integrated MAC/PHY/Serdes controllers that have a PCI Express based system interface and are optimized for maximum throughput and low CPU utilization. Packet processing tasks such as Intelligent burst-mode DMA, TCP segmentation, TCP/UDP/IP checksum calculation and VLAN tag-insertion and removal are supported in the Intel device hardware. The Model 5664 supports both an 8-lane "x8" or 4-lane "x4" AdvancedMC PCIe backplane interface using an onboard IDT 89HPES24N3 PCI Express switch. An onboard FPGA supports a microcontroller based IPMI controller for module management and hot-swap insertion and removal.
The Model 5664 quad port Gigabit Ethernet AdvancedMC cards are targeted for OEMs and Systems Integrators for use in Telecom, Military and Datacenter products including Multifunction Military LRU's, Switches, Multiplexers, Edge Routers, Media Gateways, Data Center Servers and Internet Appliances. They are well suited for support of embedded Broadband applications including Data Capture and Acquisition, Monitoring, VoIP, Digital Video, IP security, Test Equipment and Network Storage.
The Model 5664 GigAMC-Express family is available now with an OEM Developers Kit containing Linux and VxWorks device drivers, library functions, frame generators, loopback tests, benchmark programs, statistics and management utilities and documentation.
- Two Intel 82571EB dual-port PCIe MAC/PHY/Serdes interfaces for a total of 4-ports
- 8 or 4-lane PCI Express host / backplane interface
- Onboard FPGA for IPMI management and host intertion/removal
- High performance wire speed on all ports - 8Gb aggregate total
- Up to 4M frames per second maximum transfer rate
- Onboard firmware for IPMI, configuration, management and health monitoring
- Extended ethernet frame sizes to 16KB
- Fully compliant to IEEE 802.3 specifications including auto negotiation
- Link/Activity LED for each port
- Fully shielded CAT5 RJ-45 connectors or SFP cages and Aluminum Front Panel
- PCI Express R1.0 compliant
- Tornado 2.2 vxWorks 5.5/Workbench vxWorks 6.x, Linux 2.4 and 2.6 driver support
- FCC compliant
- Available with OEM Developer Kit