GigMAC Fiber, Model 7160
Please see our Gigabit Ethernet Driver page
for more information on our drivers for this controller.
- Highly efficient bus-master DMA engine design, 64-bit, 66 MHZ PCI
- Provides advanced CPU-offload features
- High performance, wire speed transmissions
- Low cost, low-power, highly integrated solution
- Small form factor PMC mezzanine card design
- Supports 1000 Base SX over multimode fiber or 1000 base LX over single mode fiber
- LC and SC connector options supported
- Integrates easily into your target system
- VxWorks (5.4/5.5/6.x), Linux and Windows XP Embedded driver support
- Tornado 2.2 vxWorks 5.5/Workbench vxWorks 6.x support includes PowerPC and Intel pcPentium4 / Xeon BSP(s)
- Optional driver support for link aggregation, load balancing,
fail over and fall-back
- Ruggedized models available with extended temperature (-40C - +85C) and MIL-SPEC conformal coating (-R1, -R2)
DSS Network's GigMAC PMC Model 7160 is a high performance Gigabit Ethernet controller for embedded applications in broadband
telecommunication and data communications networks. It provides a single port 1000 base SX multimode or 1000 base LX single mode fiber
connection and is fully IEEE 802.3 compliant. Additional long distance LX connector options are available supporting up to 20km.
It uses an advanced 3rd generation, high-performance, low power Gigabit Ethernet media access controller from National Semiconductor
and a Fiber Serdes from Vitesse. It provides an onboard intelligent DMA engine and supports wire-speed bus-master DMA operations utilizing maximum PCI bandwidth.
Its 64-bit PMC card design makes it a drop-in interface in both CompactPCI and embedded mezzanine controller environments.
It is an ideal solution for today's converged, bandwidth intensive, multi-protocol networks. Applications include Switches,
Edge Routers, Media Gateways, Broadcast Digital Audio and Video, Streaming Media, Internet Voice, Network Attached Storage,
Storage Area Networks, Network Security Servers and Digital Imaging Products.
This product is available with an OEM Developer Kit containing VxWorks (5.4/5.5/6.x), Linux (2.4/2.6) and Windows (2000, XP) device drivers, sample code, utilities, release notes, user manuals, integration guide and datasheets.
- High performance wire speed, 242 Mbytes/sec (1.94 Gb) sustained raw throughput over 64/66 PCI
- 118 Mbytes/sec (944 Mb) sustained raw throughput using 32/33 PCI
- Up to 1,000,000 frames per second maximum transfer rate
- IEEE 1386 64-Bit Compact PCI PMC Mezzanine Card
- VxWorks (5.4/5.5), Linux (2.4/2.6) and Windows (2000, XP) Embedded driver support
- Tested in both CompactPCI and embedded controller environments
- Fully compliant to IEEE 802.3 and 803.z Specifications
- Low power: 2.61W @ 3.3V
- 4 LEDS - Signal Detect, Link,
Transmit and Receive
- PCI Rev 2.2 Compliant
- 64-bit, 66 MHZ PCI bus master operation, also supports 32/33
- National DP83820 media access controller
- Vitesse VSC7123 Fiber Serdes
- 850nm SFF LC or SC optical transceiver option (1310nm single mode also available)
- Highly integrated, low chip count
- Supports big or little endian
- Uses J11, J12 and J13 PMC Connectors
- Extended status and statistics
- Drop-in modular solution
- FCC compliant
- Available with OEM Developer Kit